Friday, June 26, 2009

Indigo, Pewter & Honey


Indigo, Pewter & Honey ~ from the collection of Judie Rothermel, Marcus Fabrics.

Judie Rothermel’s latest issue of historical range fabrics get an authentic color scheme. Honey, pewter, and indigo are some of the historically accurate dyes used in textile prints. Indigo, a blue pigment and a dye, was used in India in the earliest civilizations to dye wool. Pewter and honey dyes were added to give this line a bold and distinguished look for quilting.

Indigo, Pewter & Honey quilt designed by Jean Ann Wright: indigo_pewter_honey.pdf

2 comments:

Kim D. said...

Cyndy, I didn't know you had a blog, must have missed it on the bottom of your about.com posts. I like the colors of this fabric, I was thinking to make myself a bed quilt with honey and black, such striking colors. I've had green for 4 years and need something different. LOL

Kim D. in AZ

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Thanks for this Cyndy. I have been admiring these fabrics for ages. They are cheaper at Whittles in Kentucky and have almost succumbed. I like this pattern and it goes beautifully with the fabric.
Sadia